The report in focus

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS-2022". Summer car tires: preferences of car owners (fourth wave)

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS-2022". Summer car tires: preferences of car owners (fourth wave)

Exit date 27.05.2022

Format PDF

Price 3430 eur.

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS" is an annual project of the analytical agency "AUTOSTAT", which is a survey of car owners according to a certain methodology and makes it possible to compare assessment indicators over time.

In the spring of 2022 (in addition to the annual autumn wave), the fourth spring wave of the project will be released, which is aimed at identifying consumer preferences in the purchase and operation of summer tires.

27 may more info


Russian dealers of Ford began sales of updated Mondeo

Ford Mondeo sedan has received a technological upgrade aimed at the safety improving of the car and improving of the intelligent driver assistance systems. People can order updated Ford Mondeo at all official Ford dealers in Russia.

05 julymore info


What characteristics of SUV models do Russians prefer?


Russians spent more than 250 billion rubles for the purchase of new cars in October

 New cars.jpg

The analytical agency "AUTOSTAT" and BankAuto (digital platform of RGS Bank) conducted a joint study of the market of new passenger cars in Russia and determined its financial capacity * by the results of October 2021. According to the survey, this figure was 253 billion 661.9 million rubles, which is almost 7 billion rubles less than a month earlier (in September - 260 billion 653.7 million rubles). In other words, this is the amount of money that Russians spent in total on the purchase of new passenger cars in October. At the same time, there were purchased 122 thousand units (in September - 116.2 thousand units). In terms of segments, Russians spent the most money on crossovers and SUVs (68% of the financial market capacity), and, broken down by country of origin, on European brands (37%). At the same time, only Chinese and Russian brands showed the growth in both monetary and quantitative terms in October against the background of falling car sales in other segments.

The share of mass segment cars in the second month of autumn accounted for a little more than 70% of the total capacity, which is 179 billion 088.8 million rubles. The rest 30% was spent on the purchase of premium segment cars (74 billion 573.1 million rubles). At the same time, in a quantitative ratio, the share of sales in the segment of mass and premium was 90% to 10%.

New cars 2.jpg

SUV remains the largest segment of the Russian car market: in October it was 53% of total sales or 64.5 thousand units. At the same time, in monetary terms, crossovers and SUVs own an even larger share of the financial market capacity - 68% or 172 billion 250.2 million rubles. The second largest segment is B-class cars. But if “in pieces” at the end of October they occupy 34%, then “in money” - 16%. This amounts to 41.2 thousand units and 41 billion 607.4 million rubles, respectively.

New cars 4.jpg

As before, most Russians spend on cars of European brands. So, in October, they accounted for 37%, which amounted to 93 billion 856.4 million rubles. Almost 61 billion rubles were spent on new passenger cars of Japanese bands: this is about a quarter (24%) of the financial capacity of the market. 19% of all money was spent on the purchase of cars of Korean brands (48 billion 355.9 million rubles).

Almost the same amount was spent by Russians in total on Chinese and domestic cars in October. As in the previous month, there is a slight preponderance towards the "Chinese" - 24.6 billion and 24.5 billion rubles, respectively. And finally, once again the least amount of money was spent on cars of American brands. In October this year, the figure was only 1.4 billion rubles, i.e. less than 1% of the total capacity. This is due to the fact that "Americans" have the smallest share of our market.

10.12.21 AA "AUTOSTAT"
Source: www.autostat.ru