Рейтинг@Mail.ru

The report in focus

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS-2020". Winter Car tires: preferences of car owners (fourth wave)

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS-2020". Winter Car tires: preferences of car owners (fourth wave)

Exit date 07.12.2020

Format PDF

Price 3500 eur.

The fourth autumn wave of the project is aimed at identifying consumer preferences in the ...

07 december more info

Analytics

Russian dealers of Ford began sales of updated Mondeo

Ford Mondeo sedan has received a technological upgrade aimed at the safety improving of the car and improving of the intelligent driver assistance systems. People can order updated Ford Mondeo at all official Ford dealers in Russia.

05 julymore info

Infographics

How do Russians rate the assembly quality of Chinese cars?

News

Niva is 44 year old! How many such cars are there in Russia?

01a131b5-670-0.jpg

On April 5th, the Russian off-road vehicle VAZ-2121 "Niva" celebrated 44 years. It was in 1977 at the Volzhsky Automobile Plant when the production of an all-terrain vehicle began. Let us remind you that in 2005 - 2020 it bore the name LADA 4x4, and at the beginning of this year it was returned to its traditional name, adding the word Legend. The experts of the analytical agency "AUTOSTAT" found out how many such cars there are in Russia.

According to the agency, as of January 1st, 2021, 1 million 175.2 thousand LADA NivaLegend off-road vehicles were registered in our country. Moreover, 85% of this amount is the standard, 3-door version (999.5 thousand units). Accordingly, the rest 15% are 5-door units (175.7 thousand units). It is also worth noting that in terms of the total number of cars, VAZ "Niva" is one of three most common models in Russia (see details here).

Most of these off-road vehicles are in the Krasnodar Territory - 50.4 thousand units. The second place among the regions in terms of the LADA NivaLegend fleet volume is occupied by Bashkortostan (41.7 thousand units), the third - by the Moscow region (39.5 thousand units). In addition to them, the top five also includes Rostov region and Krasnoyarsk territory, in which there are respectively 37.2 thousand and 32.4 thousand VAZ off-road vehicles.

Almost three quarters (74%) of LADA Niva Legend cars are 10 years old and older - there are registered 865.6 thousand of them. There are 85.6 thousand cars with age up to 3 years old, or 7% of the total volume. Thus, the remaining 19%, or 224 thousand SUVs, are between 4 and 9 years old inclusively. We add that in Russia there are other 648.2 thousand Chevrolet Niva SUVs, which were produced at the joint venture of General Motors and AVTOVAZ in 2002 - 2020.

08.04.21 AA "AUTOSTAT"
Source: www.autostat.ru