Рейтинг@Mail.ru

The report in focus

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS-2020". Winter Car tires: preferences of car owners (fourth wave)

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS-2020". Winter Car tires: preferences of car owners (fourth wave)

Exit date 07.12.2020

Format PDF

Price 3500 eur.

The fourth autumn wave of the project is aimed at identifying consumer preferences in the ...

07 december more info

Top news

TOP-10 of the best-selling foreign cars of foreign assembly in Russia 15.06.21 - 11:17 TOP-10 of the best-selling foreign cars of foreign assembly in Russia

BMW, Chery and Toyota are among the top three brands.

Infographics

How many cars do Russians buy on credit?

New-cars.-Credit-sales-dynamics.png

About a half of new passenger cars in our country are sold on credit. As experts of the analytical agency "AUTOSTAT" and the National Bureau of Credit Histories (NBCH) calculated, the share was 45% at the end of 8 months of 2020. Accordingly, the remaining 55% of cars were purchased for cash.

Meanwhile, the achieved result of the share of car sales on credit practically corresponds to the record, which was recorded in 2008 and 2013. Let's remind that they were one of the most "significant" in the history of the Russian car market.

But the minimum share of credit sales (24%) was in 2009 - almost two times lower than now. But then the market amid the global financial crisis collapsed twice. It dropped quite deeply in the next crisis period: from 46% in 2013 to 32% in 2015.

However, since then, the share of car loan sales has shown an upward trend (with the exception of a slight drawdown in 2018). According to experts, the state support programs, first of all, “First / Family Car”, which the Government of the Russian Federation launched in 2017, provide significant support to the car loan market.

05.11.20 AA "AUTOSTAT"
Source: www.autostat.ru