The report in focus

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS-2022". Summer car tires: preferences of car owners (fourth wave)

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS-2022". Summer car tires: preferences of car owners (fourth wave)

Exit date 27.05.2022

Format PDF

Price 3430 eur.

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS" is an annual project of the analytical agency "AUTOSTAT", which is a survey of car owners according to a certain methodology and makes it possible to compare assessment indicators over time.

In the spring of 2022 (in addition to the annual autumn wave), the fourth spring wave of the project will be released, which is aimed at identifying consumer preferences in the purchase and operation of summer tires.

27 may more info

Top news

AVTOVAZ began sales of LADA Granta Sport 22.09.23 - 15:09 AVTOVAZ began sales of LADA Granta Sport

Now offered in two body types – sedan and liftback.


What models are the best selling in the SUV subsegments in the Russian Federation?

Models-leaders in the SUV segment.jpg

Experts of the analytic agency AUTOSTAT have already reported that the SUV segment has become the largest in the Russian market for the second year in a row. Now we have decided to consider it in more detail - broken down into sub segments.

Recall that in 2018 in Russia, 729.2 thousand new crossovers and SUVs were sold. It is more by 18% than in 2017. Moreover, the mass segment cars accounted for 86%, and premium cars - 14%. Also, 71% of the total volume of sold cars includes cars with all-wheel drive. Accordingly, the rest 29% cars have a drive on one axis.

The largest segment in terms of sales among the new SUVs was the subsegment C, the market share of which reached 42%. Last year, 309.7 thousand cars of this class were sold in the country. Volkswagen Tiguan became the leader of the model rating here.

In the SUV (B) subsegment 207.8 thousand new cars were sold for the year, and its share in the total annual volume was 29%. First place was occupied by the crossover Hyundai Creta, which is leading not the first year in the whole segment of the SUV.

The SUV (D) subsegment accounts for almost every fifth sold crossover or SUV in Russia, which is equivalent to 140 thousand units. Experts noted that SUV (D) showed the highest dynamics (+ 40%) among the subsegments under consideration. At the same time, Toyota Land Cruiser Prado became a bestseller in this class.

Large crossovers and SUVs (sub-segment SUV (E)) got only 10%. In quantitative terms, it is 71.8 thousand units, and Toyota Land Cruiser is the leader here.

11.03.19 AUTOSTAT
Source: www.autostat.ru