The report in focus

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS-2020". Winter Car tires: preferences of car owners (fourth wave)

"AUTOSTAT OMNIBUS-2020". Winter Car tires: preferences of car owners (fourth wave)

Exit date 07.12.2020

Format PDF

Price 3500 eur.

The fourth autumn wave of the project is aimed at identifying consumer preferences in the ...

07 december more info


Russian dealers of Ford began sales of updated Mondeo

Ford Mondeo sedan has received a technological upgrade aimed at the safety improving of the car and improving of the intelligent driver assistance systems. People can order updated Ford Mondeo at all official Ford dealers in Russia.

05 julymore info


Which car Russians dream about in 2019?
  • 25.07.19 Which car Russians dream about in 2019?

    How the passenger car preferences of Russians changed - this became the subject of another research by AUTOSTAT analytic agency and Auto Mail.ru portal. A joint ‘Dream Car’ online survey, where more than 9,500 respondents took part, was carried out in June 2019.



In 2018, the Russians spent 2.5 trillion rubles on pre-owned cars


The capacity of the Russian secondary market at the end of last year amounted to 2 trillion 494 billion rubles. Such data is contained in the report “Market of used cars in Russia. Results of the year 2018, trends, prospects”, which is prepared by experts of the analytic agency AUTOSTAT.

As noted, more than 90% of this amount was foreign pre-owned cars - their purchase cost the Russians 2 trillion 267 billion rubles. Accordingly, the rest 10% of the capacity of the secondary market is occupied by cars of domestic brands (227 billion rubles).

The leader here is the Japanese Toyota - Russians bought used Japanese-made passenger cars in the amount of 404 billion rubles in the last year. The second place of the ranking is occupied by the domestic LADA (208 billion rubles), and the German Mercedes-Benz closes the TOP-three with an indicator of 173 billion rubles.

The Russians spent 147 billion rubles for the purchase of pre-owned Nissan passenger cars for the year, and 142 billion rubles were spent on pre-owned KIA models. In addition to them, it is worth noting also Hyundai, BMW and Volkswagen - more than 100 billion rubles were spent on the purchase of pre-owned cars of each brand.

We remind that earlier the experts of the analytic agency AUTOSTAT estimated the market capacity of new passenger cars, which amounted to 2.4 trillion rubles in the last year. Thus, Russians spend almost the same amount on pre-owned cars as on new ones, although the secondary market is 3.3 times larger than the primary one.

28.02.19 AUTOSTAT
Source: www.autostat.ru